Educational program includes six days of intensive marketing training for grain producers
With prices below production costs, the time is right for an educational program that gets back to the fundamentals of price risk management and teaches producers the basics of marketing plan development and profitable pricing decisions.
Registration is open for the University of Minnesota’s Master Marketer Program held in Mankato, Minn. The program involves top-notch marketing training spread over three, two-day segments: Jan. 13-14, Feb. 10-11, and March 9-10.
Sponsored by the Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council (MSR&PC), the Master Marketer Program focuses on the basics of marketing plan development and profitable pricing decisions. Sessions will be held at Country Inn & Suites Hotel & Conference Center, 1900 Premier Drive, Mankato, Minn.
Registered producers who cannot attend all six days can send a family member or business partner in their place.
The list of speakers include:
• Edward Usset, Grain Marketing Economist , University of Minnesota
• Dr. Elwynn Taylor, Professor & Iowa State University Extension Climatologist
• Dr. Chad Hart, Professor & Crop Market Extension Economist, Iowa State University
• Alan Brugler, President, Brugler Marketing & Management
• Dr. Mark Seeley, Professor, University of Minnesota
• Scott Cordes, President, CHS Hedging
• Bob Craven, Extension Economist, University of Minnesota
Preregistration is required to attend the program. Producers can register by mail or online. The cost by mail is $395, or producers can save $10 by registering online. The registration form for mailing and updated agenda can be found below.