How can I be more profitable on my operation? This is a question farmers think about often. The University of Minnesota is offering a conference that can assist farmers in finding ways to be more profitable with the right management decisions.
The 2015 Farm Management Profitability Conference will have sessions on financial trends, benchmarks, common marketing mistakes and an outlook for the rest of 2015, all of which can impact your bottom line.
Key Presentations of the day include:
- Turbulent Times – Are You Ready? – Robert Craven, Director of the U of M Center for Farm Financial Management and Extension Economist who specializes in business management, credit analysis and grain marketing.
- Common Mistakes in Grain Marketing – Ed Usset, Grain Marketing Specialist with the U of M Center for Farm Financial Management
Other conference features:
- Analysis of the 2014 profitably and profitability trends of the Southwest Minnesota Farm Business Management Association’s (SWMFBMA) member farms.
- A panel of the SWMFBMA analysts will discuss how to utilize benchmarks to improve profitability and financial position.
- Breakout sessions led by Agricultural Business Management Extension Educators on the outlook for markets, rents and profitability in 2015 and decoding the new repair regulations and paperwork surrounding ACA.
Cost to attend the conference is $25 per person if registered by March 20 or $35 per person after March 20. Lunch, handouts and refreshments are included. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. with the conference starting at 9 a.m. and running through 3:15 p.m.
The 2015 Farm Management Profitability Conference is sponsored by the Southwest Minnesota Farm Business Management Association, University of Minnesota Southwest Research and Outreach Center, and University of Minnesota Extension.