The 2015 Advanced Weed Science Day will be held Thursday, July 9, at the Southern Research and Outreach Center (SROC) in Waseca.
With the issue of herbicide resistant weed becoming more of a problem, it is important for farmers to stay informed. The Advanced Weed Science Day is an opportunity for farmers to learn more from experts about diversifying weed management practices.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. in the administration building at SROC, with an in-field program starting at 9 a.m. A lunch and Q&A session at 11:30 a.m. rounds out the event, which is free to attend.
- giant ragweed management in the soybean and corn rotation.
- impact of soybean row spacing, planting date, and zero weed seed thresholds on weed seed bank
- pre-emergence herbicide options
- timing of post-emergence applications
- a demonstration of the Enlist corn technology
Featured speakers are Jeff Gunsolus, Extension Weed Scientist; Tom Hoverstad, SROC Research Scientist; Lisa Behnken, Extension Educator; Fritz Breitenbach, Extension IPM Specialist.
The program, supported by the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council, will be held rain or shine. The Center is located at the west edge of Waseca, across from Loon Lake. For more information, contact Deanne Nelson at 507-835-3620 or Dave Nicolai at 612-625-2778.