The Southern Research & Outreach Center will host the ROC Research Update in Waseca, Minn., on Thursday, Feb 14. The program will highlight current University of Minnesota (UMN) ag research, funded in part by the soybean checkoff, that is conducted at the Southwest, Southern and West Central Research & Outreach Centers, with five CEUs for certified crop advisors. The Research and Outreach Centers are collaborating to share regionally focused research results and recommendations with area crop and livestock producers.
Registration costs $40 and includes lunch. Prospective attendees can register online and pay with a card or email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register and pay with cash or check at the door. Walk-ins are welcome, but pre-registration is encouraged to allow for planning. The day of the program, registration begins at 9 a.m. with presentations starting at 9:30 a.m. and concluding at 3:15 p.m.
Specific presentations & CEUs include:
- Corn & Soybean Weed Management– Thomas Hoverstad, SROC (0.5 Integrated Pest Management CEUs)
- Corn & soybean yields as affected by soil test P and fertilization philosophy – Jeff Vetsch, SROC (1 Nutrient Management CEU)
- Farm Income Trends: The Good, The Bad, and The Reality– Nathan Hulinsky, Extension Educator (1 Crop Management CEU)
- Expecting the unexpected in insect and disease management. How to hedge your bets.– Bruce Potter, SWROC (0.5 Integrated Pest Management CEUs)
- A watershed approach to treating agricultural drainage and surface runoff– Jeff Strock, SWROC (0.5 Soil & Water Management CEUs)
- Phosphorus Application to MN Soils– Paulo Pagliari, SWROC (0.5 Nutrient Management CEUs)
- Benefits and Limitations of Cover Crops Use in Minnesota– Axel Garcia y Garcia, SWROC (0.5 Crop Management CEU)
- “Kernza” Intermediate wheatgrass for grazing and as a dual purpose cover crop– Bradley Heins, WCROC (0.5 Crop Management CEUs)
Visit https://z.umn.edu/roc-research-update for more information. Similar programs are also being held at the WCROC in Morris on Feb. 12 and the SWROC in Lamberton on Wednesday, Feb. 13