The Minnesota Soybean Growers Association is seeking an enthusiastic professional to fill an immediate part-time opening as Finance Assistant in our Mankato, MN office.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Assistant accurately completes accounting, finance, record keeping-tasks, provides administrative support to the membership program and ensures fulfillment of contracted project requirements within established policies, procedures and regulations of the organization. This position will average 25 hours per week.
- Assist Staff Accountant in entering accounts payable, reconciling purchase journals and processing checks in accordance with the approved budget
- Invoice accounts receivable, enter receipts and generate monthly aging statements
- Maintain a centralized filing system for A/P, A/R and other finance records
- Responsible for completing daily bank deposits via on-site Desktop Deposit software
- Assist Staff Accountant in maintaining checkoff collections database to ensure reporting compliance
- Provide support for tracking financial information at annual fundraising events.
- Assist Staff Accountant in maintaining the Project Management Database (PMD) by reconciling contract information and monitoring vendor activity.
- Assist in processing new and renewing membership applications by entering producer information into database
- Prepare welcome/benefit packets mailing for paid members utilizing supplied materials
- Entry of member recruiter information into database and tracking of recruiter incentives
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports for internal staff, member recruiters and the American Soybean Association
- Two-year degree in accounting or related field required, four year degree preferred
- A minimum of two years related work experience required
- Demonstrated experience working with computers, including MS Office and Peachtree or similar accounting software
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail and proofing materials
- Highly motivated, organized, accurate and detail oriented with strong written and oral communications skills. Good public relations skills with evidence of ability to work and communicate with people to ensure effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to understand and implement written contracts, manage multiple projects and programs
- Available to work evenings and weekends as job requires, travel intrastate and interstate and furnish own transportation for reimbursement of expenses at established rate
- Requires effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing; ability to accept direction from multiple sources and to change focus while maintaining quality of work
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, as well as minimal intrastate travel.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Employees may be asked to perform other duties, as assigned.
Please send a cover letter with salary range and resume via
Website – mnsoybean.org
Email – HR@mnsoybean.com
US Mail – Minnesota Soybean, Human Resources,
151 Saint Andrews Court, Suite 710, Mankato, MN 56001
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TWO DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS – ONE GOAL
The Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council (MSR&PC) oversees the investment of soybean checkoff dollars on behalf of approximately 25,000 farmers in Minnesota to promote, educate and develop market opportunities for soybeans. The Minnesota Soybean Growers Association (MSGA) is a membership-based organization that conducts legislative work on behalf of over 4,000 soybean farmer members to fight for farm-friendly legislation. Together, these organizations work to ensure soybeans will remain a viable and profitable commodity for years to come.