Ag Management Solutions is seeking an enthusiastic professional to fill an immediate opening as Administrative Assistant in our Mankato, MN office.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks ensuring the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our program directors and finance department assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Support (60%)
- Assist Program Lead staff with clerical tasks to enhance their program goals
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Make travel and meeting arrangements
- Write, proofread and/or distribute emails, letters and other correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of reports and meeting materials
- Create and maintain electronic and physical filing systems
- Organize, inventory and maintain promotional material storage areas
Finance Support (25%)
- Assist Finance Department with general bookkeeping tasks including:
- Processing of daily deposits
- Accounts Payable Filing
- Check Mailing
- Data entry
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (15%)
- Serve as back up to Office Coordinator with the following tasks:
- Greet and assist visitors as they arrive
- Answer and direct phone calls in addition to placing outbound calls for follow up
- Assist with mailroom/copy room activities
- Assist in maintaining the database records for directors, contacts, mailing lists and historical data
- Assist with processing of new and renewing memberships
- Assist with daily office upkeep and organization including overall office, kitchen, boardroom, basement, and storage areas; vacuum and dust as necessary; advising Office Coordinator of any maintenance or repairs needed
- Assist with the overall organization and stocking of all storage areas
- Assist with logistics for onsite and off-site events
- One to three years experience in an office environment required; some post-secondary education preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, data base entry and report writing
- Bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks or similar software
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision; ability to set deadlines and meet them
- Ability to accept direction from multiple sources and to change focus while maintaining quality of work
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Ability to stand and mobilize for prolonged periods of time and ability to lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as job requires and to travel intrastate
- Experience in dictation is a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, as well as minimal intrastate travel.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Employees may be asked to perform other duties, as assigned.
Ag Management Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, life/disability, retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Please send a cover letter and resume via our website, email or US Mail to:
Ag Management Solutions, LLC
151 Saint Andrews Court, Suite 710
Mankato, MN 56001
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT AG MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Owned by Minnesota Soybean Growers Association and Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council, Ag Management Solutions, LLC is an agricultural service organization working hard to advance opportunities for key organizations whose objectives support the profitability of soybean farmers. We offer an engaging environment where our team’s efforts can help solve new challenges and have a significant impact on agriculture.
TWO DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS – ONE GOAL
The Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council (MSR&PC) oversees the investment of soybean checkoff dollars on behalf of approximately 25,000 farmers in Minnesota to promote, educate and develop market opportunities for soybeans. The MSGA is a membership-based organization that conducts legislative work on behalf of nearly 4,000 soybean farmer members to fight for farm-friendly legislation. Together, these organizations work to ensure soybeans will remain a viable and profitable commodity for years to come.