Challenges and Rewards of Being a Council Board Member
- Be an active Board member by attending MSR&PC board meetings, action team meetings and other Council functions. Directors will be prepared for Board meetings, ask critical questions and help the Board come to agreement in making decisions that benefit the profitability of Minnesota Soybean farmers.
- Know or build your knowledge about the MSR&PC, USB and its governing Act and Order. Learn about MSR&PC and its role with USB. A Leadership Guide will be provided to all Board members to assist you with this.
- Stay informed of trends in the field of agriculture and timely issues affecting Minnesota soybean farmers.
- Abstain from activities that may appear to create a conflict of interest. Follow the MSR&PC Code of Conduct.
- Maintain confidentiality, as appropriate, of MSR&PC Board issues and organization data.
- The chance to make an impact and assist in the future of Minnesota soybean farmers.
- Input into the investment of Minnesota soybean checkoff dollars.
- An opportunity to be recognized as a leader in the field of soybean agriculture.
- Ability to attend one national USB Board Meeting per year.
- Opportunity to develop and enrich your strategic business management skills.
For more information contact: MSR&PC Election Chair Patrick O’Leary at 230-760-5335, or contact the MN Soybean office at 888-896-9678.