Both groups that form Minnesota Soybean are up for 10 awards at the National Agri-Marketing Association’s annual awards April 26 in St. Louis, Mo.
The Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council (MSR&PC) is nominated for several checkoff-support projects, including:
- An August 2022 press release detailing a checkoff investment that led to the first shipment of U.S. soymeal to Uzbekistan;
- the Stepping Up: From Farm to Frontline campaign;
- the Council’s 2021 Annual Report;
- its Minneline newsletter, which is co-published by MSR&PC and the Minnesota Soybean Growers Association (MSGA);
- The Future of Soybeans retreat;
- Minnesota Soybean’s Game of Soy booth at Farmfest, which also earned NAMA’s Best of Show in the Advertising category.
MSGA, a nonpartisan organization that advocates on behalf of Minnesota’s 27,000 soybean farmers, is once again a finalist for its bimonthly magazine, Soybean Business. MSGA is also nominated for a membership advertorial featuring Vice President Darin Johnson that ran in the September-October 2022 issue of Soybean Business.
Kristeena Thisius, Minnesota Soybean’s director of marketing, has been named one of NAMA’s Next Gen Award honorees. Thisius joined the organization in 2015.
Minnesota Soybean is overseen by Mankato-based Ag Management Solutions, a skilled, dynamic workforce for small associations and agriculture groups.